Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What a mess

We finally get the large sum of money the government refunds new home buyers, and my organized life turns upside down. Not to mention the new job started last week too- WHAT A MESS!!

Last week I was too busy to cook, so my husband was in charge HA! He refuses to learn to cook, and I know he's not stupid, he KNOWS how, he's just lazy. So since we had the money and I wasn't there to cook... out to eat we went. ARGH. Now it becomes a choice of a $12 salad at a sit down meal or blowing it all on a #3 at mc d's (q-pounder w/cheese, extra onions NO don't super size it, OMG I cant believe I ate it all, french fries included *smacks self in the forehead*) for $4.

LUCKILY I am bouncing between 238 and 241 and I only saw 241 once.

But wait the plot thickens.

Car broke down Saturday. It's in the shop till possibly Thursday. We rented a car yesterday to get us thru... Sunday, no gym for me. Monday, no work for me. Tuesday, no gym for me... possibly no work either seeing as the army has found a way to dedicate more of my family's time with some mandatory meeting from 6pm till they're done. I won't be attending, I maintain that they cannot mandate a civilian, however they can a soldier. So now I am panicking because my in order to keep my job I have to pull 20 hours a week... they want results to boot. Monday-Friday my availability is limited to after 5pm and no later than 8pm (I go to people's houses any later than that is kinda bad form). I am limited to 8 hours in a day, PERIOD. I have already lost Monday, if I loose Tuesday I may not make 20 hours, seeing as the workweek ends Saturday.

Oh yeah, and I get to loose my job anyway, seeing as my husband is getting sent out to the field for a few weeks this month. Thanks US ARMY!! Move me away from help, limit my job availability AND give me childcare that is not only expensive but limited to 3 days a week 4 hours in a day. WOO HOO!!

I am putting the baby in childcare 2 hours on Wed and Fri to be able to work out. I will be working out during "church hours" on Sunday so I can work, and actually catch people at home.

By the way I am working the census, just so you're not scratching your head in wonder.

Threw a little guilt money at my weight loss program this week- wal mart is selling a workout clothing brand called danskin. LOVE IT. Thin, movable, cotton, cool colors, makes me feel sexy, 2 lengths of shorts, capris, tank tops, pants, t shirts, muscle shirts, and hoodies. There are tons of choices, and no one piece costs more that $15, most cost $7 (it's wal mart so prices may vary depending on your neighborhood). AND the sizes go from, "you don't need to work out" (xs, petite) to "OH GOD, GO TO THE GYM" (5x). Glad to have bottoms that I don't gotta hitch up every time I move.

My sugars are finally getting lower since Istarted the split insulin program. I take long-acting insulin, and it was when I go to bed. But the dose was so high, we decided to split it 1/2 morning 1/2 night, every 12 hours. So I was a little whacked out the last 2 weeks or so, but normality is setting in now. YAY!

I can see my waist thinning out, slowly, and my face is starting to get shapely again, rather than that weird, round, Persian cat, pancake face thing I was seeing in photos of myself. Maybe you don't notice it, but I sure as hell do. My husband has even suggested (and I am trying for him) moving to a more alluring type of undergarment... let's just say my panties and guitars have something in common. The best part is, I don't have to order them online or go to lane bryant to get them. Yes I am still on the high end of the size spectrum, 8's in panties, 2x in workout bottoms, 1x in workout tops (damn these boobs). BUT- WOO HOO I can shop in the normal average people's section. Cant wait till I can shop at old navy in person rather than online (size 18 and up is considered PLUS, and that's only available online).

In the meantime, I am home, we have groceries so I can eat better. I feel better. I am just missing the gym and wishing things weren't so damn complicated. ARGH!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like my life too- I wonder what's wrong when things get "normal." Hang in there! =)

    ReplyDelete