Saturday, May 8, 2010

Motherhood

This is a subject I have been meaning to broach for sometime, but I thought I would save it for a more appropriate time.

While I was working out, I realized my stamina is much higher that it ever has been before. It's been about 3 years

(possibly more) since I have worked out, and even then, I just couldn't muster the stamina or the ability to push myself as

hard as I do now.

I began to mull over why that was, and only came up with one answer. Motherhood.

Since I have become a mother, I can go longer without food, sleep, or stopping. I can push myself longer, harder and

much more mercilessly. I am amazed everyday on how much taxing abuse I can dole out to myself or endure from others

in the name of caring for others. And of course in that pursuit- not caring for myself at all.

It gives me a new found respect for my own mother.

It also reminds me, that altho it's nice to be able to push myself that hour in the gym even when I want to give up and

quit... I need to remember to look out for me. It's come to the point now, I set alarms to remember to take my insulin, soon

it will be alarms to remember to eat, and take my blood sugar too, bedtime... what else??

I know I'm not alone out there... MOMS... even tho your priorities have shifted toward other's needs first... it's not wrong,

or selfish or sinful to put YOU first. It may be more pressing or rewarding to put you last. But in the end the brass tax of it

is (no matter how blunt this sounds), kids move away, spouses die, and the only person you live with for the rest of your

life is you. No one else is gonna have your back for the rest of your life but you. And no one is to blame for shortening

your life but you.

You may eat well, you may exercise, you may not drink or smoke or engage in risky behavior of the common types. But

not looking out for your own needs, not eating 3 squares and taking breaks, sleeping your average 8, drinking 8 glasses

of water, peeing when your body tells you that you gotta go, showering often, thinking personal selfish thoughts that you

are entitled to have... not doing those things contributes to an early grave too!!!

So moms, non moms and non females, take this to heart; take care of yourself, you are never going to be any good to

anyone else if you don't. In the end if you want to put others first, you're giving them the short end of the stick by screwing

yourself!!!

---- TO all you who are mothers, have mothers, and all you other mutha's... Happy Mother's Day!!-----

+240 (woomp, there it is)

B- my evil husband talked me into the donut shop for a butter flaky fresh baked croissant... they were all out (bastards),

so I settled for an old, squished up croissant with a jalapeno sausage in it (not good, but at least it didn't leave me

wanting more that I should have)

L- on the road, stopped at a BBQ place called Podnuh's... so freaking good. Had sausage (this seems like a theme

today, what is it I am missing eh?) and the most amazing baked beans this side of heaven. Only 1/4 cup if that, and a

bite of not so tasty potato salad.

D- J&T's crawfish shack... mmmm... my mouth is still burning. 1/2 ear of corn, one teeny red potato, 2 pound of boiled

crawfish and one... you guessed it... sausage.

Can anyone spare a vegetable? I seem to be missing some! Green preferred!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment