Friday, April 30, 2010

A quickie

Sorry about yesterday. Now that I am working and working out, sometimes I have to trade in sleep for blogging, or sleep for movie watching or sleep for knitting, or sleep for anything that's essentially filling up my free time, because, let's face it, I don't have any free time. Or at least I didn't yesterday.

Let me assure you of this; Thursday I behaved when I ate, I worked out even tho I really really REALLY didn't wanna. I didn't change my workout at all, other than keeping it slow and steady just to make it thru.

Today I got to put on the little black dress, and go out on a date! The base has a short term child care program that has parent's night out once a month. We pay $17 for them to keep her for 4 hours. So out we went. Upscale restaurant. I avoided the dessert area, ordered fish, ate 1/2 the serving of potatoes they served, avoided the corn machoux they served as a "vegetable" (corn's all starch, I wont play, my choice was EITHER corn OR potatoes).

After our fancy dinner we picked up the kid and ht wal mart before home. Usually I am mortified to not blend in. Little black dress, high heels, wal mart?!?

I was expecting some negative attention. There are 3 ways you know you look foolish, 1) the giggles (usually teens and 20 somethings do this) 2) the dirty looks/eye rolling (the 30-40 year olds do this) 3) the uncomfortable "you caught me looking at you" smile (mature people anywhere from 25 and up). Nothing. Not one. No positive attention either, no double takes from men, no compliments. So either I looked okay, or I had immunity since I was with my dressed up husband and child. Or maybe they thought I was pregnant (eek).

I wont go into detail about today, I am tired. I will say I was 239 this morning. And confident that wont change for the worse tomorrow. Had a salad lunch, so here's for keeping up higher standards tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment