Wednesday, June 16, 2010

SWEET sweet vindication!

Okay so last saturday my husband accidentally took out our internet cables with the mower... needless to say, we're back online now.

Just saw the doc... A1C is 5.6!!! That's fantabulous!

My body behaved the way it should've on the clomid, but the ovulation test results weren't back yet. However, there is a pregnancy blood test with my name on it, waiting for me if/when I miss my period. =D

Do I feel like we were successful? Everything weird going on is easily explained away. But when added together, could very well be a yes, but I am not getting my hopes up. It took 2 rounds of clomid to get my daughter. My boobs have been sensitive-ish, not all day every day but here and there. I have been lactating a little here and there too (but I have been doing that since my 2nd trimester of pregnancy with my now 2 yr old). I have been tired and hungry here and there too, but with wonky blood sugar issues that can be attributed to high or low easily. I have been feeling pressure in my uterine area, however, with the frequency and enthusiasm in which we are trying to get pregnant, I could have developed a low grade bladder infection (and since I cant drink cranberry juice due to the sugar, I am gonna hold out for a missed period before I mention it to the doc).

I went to see a physical therapist last friday. I was referred for a workout work up, to help me loose weight. He didn't know what to do with me, the doc thought my workout was pretty decent, alot of cardio he said. He thought we could add some strength training. I told him I was avoiding that so I wouldn't bulk up and gain weight. He said that I would have to go on a solely protein diet and work out everyday for that to happen. So with renewed confidence I changed my workout.

So on Sundays I will be doing 20mins elliptical, 75 crunches, 3 separate upper body machines (2 reps per), and 20 mins bike (did that last sun, and PS my arms still hurt). Then tuesdays, it'll be same ol same ol (elipt, crunches, row, bike). Then thursdays will be like sundays only replace upper body with lower. I also will be staying towards less noticeable muscle groups, just in case. So my under arms, chest, back, yes... my biceps, shoulders, no. The back of my legs, inner thighs, hips, butt yes, my thighs, and calves (which are already HUGE) no.

It's nice to have medical vindication. It boosts my confidence, especially when I can (altho I don't notice it that much anymore) feel the eyes of someone looking at me and judging me by my weight. It never bothered me much before, but it really doesn't bother me now LOL!

I saw 233 yesterday!! Altho I will admit I was +234 this morning, as I was 2 days ago... I am hoping to see 230 before my mom comes to visit next month! It's happening! WOO HOO!!

2 comments:

  1. That is an AWESOME A1c!!! Way to go! I think your symptoms mean something. =) That's so funny about the bladder infection thing. Same thing happened to me when when we were trying for RJ. Oh, the enthusiasm. Hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nearly never reply to these... but my aunt (dad's sister) got this phrase from her military doc 40 years ago... he called it "honey-mooner's disease". And he had basically said, once you get used to the banging around, your body will adjust (OMG LOL). I mentioned that I thought it might be honeymooner's disease, and the doc was right on board with me, he giggled.

    ReplyDelete