Sunday, April 25, 2010

PART-AY!!

Workout day today, and the baby got to go to her first birthday party, well, not really her first, but this was her first one not at home. Lots of temptation. LOL

After my workout I headed to the store to get soda drinks that were acceptable for my husband and myself assuming that not everyone thinks to buy a 6 pack of diet soda for their parties (and I was right on the money too). As I was checking out the girl behind the counter asked me how I was doing. So I answered honestly, tired, hot, just got done with a workout, sigh and a smile. She said to me "I wish I could go work out, I really need to."

It got me thinking, what's stopping you? I get that excuses are easy. I am full of them too- I have a Husky that needs to be trained on a leash, I SHOULD be walking him everyday... BUT it's too hot, cold, wet, whine whine whine. My husband and I had a discussion a few days ago relating to this thought. And with what I said, and you may disagree you may find me crass and harsh...

The subject was that I have 2 friends who are doing weight watchers and 2 friends who bought a wii fit. First the addendum, those who are doing weight watchers have more respect from me than those who bought the wii fit, and this is why. If you need to throw money at the problem, you aren't REALLY motivated to ix it. You're just accessorising. However, with weight watchers there is built in motivation, so I think that is the exception to my judgement.

The long and the short of it is, the only thing to get you moving is you. Not a $300 game you can ignore, or in my case dvd's I can let gather dust (yes I am guilty of throwing money at a problem too), or workout outfits, or free weights, or weight systems, or ANYTHING. It shouldn't take a wad of cash, or a load of free time, or anything. It shouldn't take an act of congress, or God... just you.

I am busy, I am poor, and yes, I am guilty, it took an act of God (if you are so incline to believe in him) to get my health at a point that made me wake up, get off my ass and take action. But I do it. I do it everyday, by eating 3 sensible meals everyday, fighting bad habits, and getting off my fat ass and not making crappy excuses.

I should go back there tomorrow and tell her what I just told you.

+238 (woo HOO!!)

B- DUH... no wait, it was hard boiled this time... gotcha! I added light peach yogurt too, since I was right off to the gym after.

WORKOUT- 15 on elliptical (1 mile), 10 on the rowing machine, ADDED 4 sets of 15 on the abs machine @ 25lbs (not hurting yet, we'll see tomorrow), tried to do the stationary bike that makes me sit higher, and much like the lower sitting one, I cant quite adjust it right, too short too tall, BAH!! So I went back to the lower one did 30 mins total (6 miles).

L- at the party there were all sorts of badness. I had a burger, then a hot dog (regretted that one, it sucked), then some homemade cheese dip with chips, but a little little little of that (and BOY did I pay, if you have no gallbladder and eat fat, you cant run to the bathroom fast enough... I made it... this time). A bite of the baby's cake and a bite of my husband's ice cream!

D- Homemade won tons with chicken and shrimp stuffing, the recipe is a family secret, if I told you I'd have to kill you. And homemade Char-siu pork. I think I overate, but it wasn't BAD BAD, just a little bad, just a little past what I should have... YAY!

All in all a good day. I am happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment