Friday, April 23, 2010

one of those days

I am a bad dieter, I have mistakes often and I do one of the biggest cardinal sins ever... I weigh myself daily. A daily weigh is my way to keep motivated on a short term. I know a fluctuation of 1-3 pounds is normal, but sometimes the downswing is fun to watch. I have had the same flux from 240-242 for weeks now... GRRRR! And then, something magical happened this morning. I saw a new number... and I feel like celebrating, but I know better.

I did do better to day, for the most part, breakfast and lunch are easy times. I am not an emotional eater, no that's my husband. I am a social eater. And subject to peer pressure too. So dinner, when I have a partner in crime is the hardest.

Today was one of those days, even my husband came home and said "it's just been one of those days". For him that means binge eating and a bad day at work (altho there's nothing to binge on here, so he had to keep himself in check, YAY!). For me, it meant that I was antsy all day. I had a desire to go to the gym, altho no means. And I could have walked, if we weren't experiencing out first tastes of the hurricane season to come. It was actually so humid, that in the rooms I left windows open on, there was a sheen of water on the floors. It did rain on n off too, but that's not what caused wet floors, wet couch, wet EVERYTHING. And at some point today, I ran outta steam and dozed on the couch- till my baby started yelling at the tv. Who knew the sword in the stone could be so exciting!?

I will admit I did much better on water today, I ran to pee so many times it reminded me of my last few weeks of pregnancy!

+239!!!
Breakfast- ONE egg, ONE sausage

Lunch- yep, you guessed it, a hotpocket! same as yesterday (they come two in a pack)

Dinner- Experimental Pizza night. I make everything from scratch! SO the pizza is much healthier, and I am able to eat a lil more than if I went out to some fast food pizza. The crust came from betty crocker's best bread recipe book (I have a breadmaker, but I still have to kneed and toss). It was a base tonight of sundried tomato pesto by Classico, topped with yellow and green bellpeppers, red onion, canadian bacon from the same place I get my pepperoni (hormel?), pineapple tidbits, fresh grated parmesan and mozarella cheeses. It turned out picture perfect, I had half a mind to take a shot and post it, but that wouldn't be fair would it!? It was slice into 8 large-ish pieces, 2 is cutting it close, I had 3. And when we both had 3, and the baby had one, that left one... and here he came in after getting a drink in the kitchen, 1/2 eaten pizza in his hand "what? I couldnt help myself, can you blame me?" so I yanked about 2 bites of that too... wow, reading this... I am a pig! A gluttonous pig! Dinner needs to be reigned in!

No comments:

Post a Comment