Thursday, August 26, 2010

Gastric bypass surgery

Okay, hahaha just kidding, that was my lame attempt at throwing you off the course to which, I a sure you've already assumed.

I am pregnant!

On July 26th I went to see the doctor to get round 2 of clomid. I warned her that I was late at the time, she asked if that was usual, and I said not these days. So she ran a pregnancy test, and seeing as I was about 2-4 days late give or take she thought a pee test was sufficient. She gave me drugs to start my period and clomid. And said if she didn't call me within 24 hours to go ahead and assume the test was negative and start the drugs.

She didn't call, and I wanted to be triple certain of negativity, so I called. And yes, negative it was.

Well, call me lazy, I dragged my feet to start the drugs, and then with my husband in the field for 2 weeks, I realized my fertile time was when he was gonna be gone. So I kept dragging my feet, if you've ever had a drug-induced period, you will totally understand me when I say my mantra was to let nature take it's course. If you haven't, rest assured the drug -induced version is like a period on crack with adhd. So a couple weeks went by, and nada.

Then all of a sudden my sugars went BERSERK! We're talking no lower than 200-250. I even tried a day of a zero carb/sugar breakfast and lunch followed by a workout, and we know that doing that will make me drop lower than 70. I got home... 274!! WTF is wrong with me!?
a) the test was negative, cant be that
b) I somehow got a mismarked 2 liter that was regular, and no one bothered to recall it... probably not
c) bad insulin, possible- note to self throw away current pen and start new

After that day, I broke down and went to the store for a pee test of my own, by now it being about 2 weeks after the initial. The positive line was darker that the control line! OMFG!

So I was on a mission to get a hold of a doctor, ANY doctor... fix my sugar levels!! HELP!!

And I felt like I did when I was first diagnosed type 2 diabetic. I was no one's priority. I called and called trying to get the nearest appointment I could, and the ob/gyn nurse finally got me in. BUT... it was just an orientation/testing appointment. Meaning... I didn't see a doctor, so I was on the nurse like white one rice.. I am a high risk pregnancy... HELLO, why isn't anyone acting like this is as dire as it is!!! She got me in to see the doctor a few hours later.

I am now on a tighter regime, 2 shots of long acting insulin (and a new type to boot), and 3 times a day short acting. It's not fine-tuned yet, I am either way too low or way too high. My new range needs to be 90-100. And right now I am either 70 or 140 not usually anywhere in between, so I am eagerly waiting to see the doc again on the 2nd.

I am both excited and nervous, this will be a new challenge.

If you, my readers would like me to keep going, let me know. It'll be spotty, I will only talk about events worth talking about... but I am damn sure that 20 more pounds is going to have to wait until after March 29, 2011

2 comments:

  1. i told you, he's driving you hopping mad!! at least ya'll aren't horny and effing like rabbits..... i hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!! Congratulations!! That's fantastic!! Keep blogging it's a fun way to keep track of the pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete