Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What a difference one photo makes

I think I am amazed at how much of a motivator one photo can be.

Realize that I'm going through the ebbs and flows of estrogen, and I cant speak for any other women out there, but when I am at a peak of it- I get girlie.

I am not a make-up wearer, or a girlie clothing, shoes kinda girl. I roll outta bed and throw on something clean. But when that estrogen level is up, I put on make up and do something with my hair, I try to wear something flattering or slightly alluring (as alluring as you can be at 7 months pregnant anyway).

So lately the estrogen level is up up up. I looked so good (to me) the other day that I had to take a picture (it is or will be posted with this or on the main blog site for you to witness).

But seriously I am happily amazed. I am currently 244, 11 pounds heavier than my last photo posted, I am also 7 months pregnant. Trying hard not to gain too much weight so that I will be in a better position post-pregnancy, and it's not hard. But this shift in weight is amazing! I am wearing a jean size I wasn't wearing before I got pregnant. I was briefly in a size 18 back in March, but briefly. I was in a 22 before I popped positive, and have bounced between a 22 and a 24 until just recently. I am in a 20!! OMG!!

All things being what they are, I wont take it for granted, I am abut to hit a rather intense part of the pregnancy, weight is bound to change, pants size and all. But I am basking in this glory for just a minute. I feel good, I look good and I wanna stay that way.

It just reminds me of what I want to do and how I want to go about accomplishing it after this baby is born. I am excited about having her here... yes. But I want to regain the lost ground, I want to be better I want to be able to rename this blog, not 20 more pounds... but something like, I cant believe it!

I can wait the last 2 months, it's that healing time that's going to seem interminable (I may have used the wrong word there, but whatever, you get it).

I know it'll be harder with 2 kids. But no matter how it might be, I know what I am determined to make it be. I'll have to work around the hard parts, but every time I look at that photo, my determination redoubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment